- Prison Dogs
- Happy Tails
- Golf Tournament
- Event Calendar
- Christmas Portraits
- Help Us
- Volunteer Calendar
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Our Volunteers
- Soffee's Blog
Spay and Neuter
You can donate to our Spay and Neuter fund. There is a huge animal overpopulation problem in Robeson County. The pet population is dramatically impacted by just one pair of animals. It is estimated that one male cat can be responsible for over 2,000 offspring in just one year. Animals that have been spayed or neutered enjoy better health, reduced risk of cancer, and better behavior. Your donation will be put directly into this fund. For more information call 910-738-8282.
Also, effective May 2006, low income pet owners can obtain a voucher to have their pet sterilized at any Robeson County veterinary clinic. The cost is $25, which includes the spay/neuter surgery, anesthesia and pain medications for the day of surgery as well as a rabies vaccination. Robeson County residents receiving at least one of the following programs are eligible:
- Food Stamps
- Foster Care/Adoption Assistance
- Health Choice
- Special Assistance
- Work First
AND bring a photo id that shows your current address.
All persons interested in applying should come to the Robeson County Health Department's side door (Environmental Health entrance) at 460 Country Club Road, Lumberton on Mondays (from 11 a.m. - to noon) or Thursdays (from 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.). Only the pet's owner can apply. Bring $25 per pet, current verification of one of the six forms of assistance being received, and a photo id with current address. For more information, call 910-671-3205.
- Sponsor Us!
- Register your MVP card and support us.
Use Charity Code 252287
- Pedigree is a proud sponsor whose donations help us rescue dogs and cats.
- The Vintage Dog Jon Provost's new organic line of pet products.
- Adoptapet.com formerly Saveapet.com
- Help Robeson County Humane Society in Lumberton, NC 28358 win $15,000 in the America's Favorite Animal Shelter Contest sponsored by Care2.com and ASPCA! Please VOTE!!!!!!