Below is a downloadable adoption application. This can be emailed to us at, or faxed to 910-738-8685.

Can't adopt? Fosters are always welcome. Below the Adoption application is a form for a foster family. This form can also be faxed or emailed. They can also be sent via postal mail to Robeson County Humane Society 3180 West Fifth Street

Lumberton, NC 28358.
Canine Heart worm test (9 months or older), vet checked, dewormed, heart worm protection, flea and tick preventative, all shots current including the Boardetella vaccine, and spayed or neutered prior to adoption if age appropriate. If not, a voucher is provided to cover a portion of the procedure 
 Feline Leukemia/Aids tests, vet checked for ear mites, all shots up to date, de-wormed, flea preventative and spayed or neutered prior to adoption if age appropriateIf not, a voucher is provided to cover a portion of the procedure 



In order to adopt a pet, please choose a dog or cat listed on our adoptable pets page via the Petfinder website, and contact our shelter staff to check the current status of that animal.  

All animals at RCHS are up to date on vaccinations, tested for Felv/Fiv and negative, tested for heart worm and treated if positive, dewormed and spayed or neutered if over the age of 6 months. If they are younger than 6 months, the adopter receives a voucher that is good at any vet and covers a portion of the procedure. For more info on how to adopt, please email us at or call the shelter at 910-738-8282. Robeson County Humane Society is a non-profit no-kill Federally recognized 501c3 that operates primarily from donations, fundraisers and volunteers, with minimal Government support. If you'd like to donate to our cause, please visit our donation page at

Thank you


Adoption fees effective Jan 01, 2017

Puppies (under six months old):

In-state: $250.00

Adult Dogs: (six months and older):

In-state: $200.00

Adult Cats: (6 months and older) 


Kittens: (under 6 months): 



Note: Additional out-of-state fees may apply. Out-of-state animals must have a health certificate required by law if transported other than owner, and at an additional cost.